Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bicycle Race
We had a lot of road closures in our neck of the woods today owing to a bicycle race being held.

One of the roads closed is used by the collies to reach the beach for their daily run.

Luckily the organisers of the race must have known this as they managed to avoid closing the road at the time we usually travel.

thumbup
bunny  We Live In A Rainbow Of Chaos, I'm Chasing The Carrot At The End Of The Tunnel bunny
(09-09-2019, 07:19 PM)Bugs Wrote: We had a lot of road closures in our neck of the woods today owing to a bicycle race being held.

One of the roads closed is used by the collies to reach the beach for their daily run.

Luckily the organisers of the race must have known this as they managed to avoid closing the road at the time we usually travel.

thumbup

We have this every year Bugs. We are either trapped in our house or out of it from 8.00am until 6.00pm, with only emergency access, ie, ambulances, just so a few hundred people can enjoy their hobby. This is not a few hundred yards either. They close the whole valley! We generally arrange to be away that weekend, otherwise I'd get arrested!
I asked our local authority if they would close the road so that I could hold a caravan rally in our village, as that is my hobby. Strangely, I didn't get a reply!
Is it a "hobby"? I thought they were paid by way of "sponsors".
Navigator

Land Rover - making mechanics out of drivers since 1948.