Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Low Hedgeley Farm, Powburn Northumberland
The Low Hedgeley Farm site is in the heart of Northumberland. It was a Club CL in the past and has increased the number of pitches since going it alone. The site is immaculate and pristine.  It has 4 grass & 6 large, level H/S pitches each with it's own water tap, a single toilet and is easily accessed off the A697, just north of Powburn. There is a good off-road dog walk along the the old railway track near to the site, and numerous other footpaths close by too. There are plenty of places of interest close by, including Chillingham Castle (HHA), Cragside and Wallington (N/T), Alnwick Castle and Gardens and the Breamish Valley for walking and cycling. There is a small shop in the village but the main shopping centre is Alnwick with both an Aldi and a Lidl as well as a Morrison's and a Sainsbury's, not forgetting Barter Books. Definitely a site that we will return to.
The earth has music for those who will listen,”

Thank you nellie sounds great. Northumberland is the only county I have never visited always wanted to take the Caravan there but afraid it won’t be possible now.
(22-10-2019, 10:54 PM)DianneT Wrote: Thank you nellie sounds great.  Northumberland is the only county I have never visited always wanted to take the Caravan there but afraid it won’t be possible now.

You could always do what takethedogalong does and rent a cottage somewhere around Alnwick, as you can get to most of the best places easily from there.

Yes nellie we had thought of some of that next Spring/Summer. Daughter says they would like to stay at CL’s with B&B or cottage accommodation next year too so we can go with them.
(24-10-2019, 12:08 AM)DianneT Wrote: Yes nellie we had thought of some of that next Spring/Summer.  Daughter says they would like to stay at CL’s with B&B or cottage accommodation next year too so we can go with them.

If you know an area that you want to visit I might know of, or can find out about, a CL that would suit.

Thanks nellie that is very kind of you will rember that in the Spring. thumbup
No problem, always pleased to help. Big Grin

(24-10-2019, 12:08 AM)DianneT Wrote: Yes nellie we had thought of some of that next Spring/Summer.  Daughter says they would like to stay at CL’s with B&B or cottage accommodation next year too so we can go with them.

Hi Dianne! As Nellie says, Northumberland is a fabulous County, has some of the best beaches in UK, lots of castles, houses, gardens and of course Battlefields. We have been visiting it for the last thirty five years, and still never get bored, always something to see. It’s a great place for children and dogs, very welcoming.

We took Mum to Foulden Hagg Cottage, after staying at Foulden Hagg CL. It is a huge cottage, sleeps eight, but somewhere you could all enjoy, and a great location for seeing some of the best of Northumberland and Borders. You might get it a bit cheaper for a small party, worth asking. Berwick is 20 minutes, Lindisfarne 30 minutes, Eyemouth 30 minutes. I will try and think of some other places with B&B and cottages. I can recommend The Queens Head pub in Rothbury, we overnighted here on our way up to Melrose in September. Rothbury has Cragside House (NT) next door, a must see place in Northumberland.

thumbup
In our home, dog fur is a fashion accessory! It's also a condiment....... Yay!  Heart
Thank you TDA very kind of you I will have a chat with my daughter for 2020.

Dianne
(26-10-2019, 10:58 AM)Takethedogalong Wrote:

Hi Dianne! As Nellie says, Northumberland is a fabulous County, has some of the best beaches in UK, lots of castles, houses, gardens and of course Battlefields. We have been visiting it for the last thirty five years, and still never get bored, always something to see. It’s a great place for children and dogs, very welcoming.

We took Mum to Foulden Hagg Cottage, after staying at Foulden Hagg CL. It is a huge cottage, sleeps eight, but somewhere you could all enjoy, and a great location for seeing some of the best of Northumberland and Borders. You might get it a bit cheaper for a small party, worth asking. Berwick is 20 minutes, Lindisfarne 30 minutes, Eyemouth 30 minutes. I will try and think of some other places with B&B and cottages. I can recommend The Queens Head pub in Rothbury, we overnighted here on our way up to Melrose in September. Rothbury has Cragside House (NT) next door, a must see place in Northumberland.

thumbup

Sshhh! Don't tell everyone!!

Blush Yay!
bunny  We Live In A Rainbow Of Chaos, I'm Chasing The Carrot At The End Of The Tunnel bunny