Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Avtex TV not retaining re tune
We are having to retune our avtex tv every time we turn it on, previous to this trip it has retained its channels. Has anyone else had this issue
H

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.
Clap

(28-10-2019, 11:03 PM)HughR Wrote: We are having to retune our avtex tv every time we turn it on, previous to this trip it has retained its channels. Has anyone else had this issue

Oh dear. We haven’t used our Avtex for over 12 months after we sold our caravan. Now that we will soon be taking delivery of an AutoSleeper MH we were relying on the Avtex being OK. Your message is worrying.
Hugh
I had to contact Avtex re a problem , they are in Cardif if I recall, very helpful and did a first class job on my TV when the screen went wrong.
Hi Hugh

Pretty sure you may have found the following links yourself, but I'll put them on here anyway as they might also help others!

https://www.avtex.co.uk/contact

https://www.avtex.co.uk/support

Cheers
Bugs
bunny  We Live In A Rainbow Of Chaos, I'm Chasing The Carrot At The End Of The Tunnel bunny
Thank you fingers crossed I’ve sorted it. A factory reset has resulted in tv keeping its channels through a few on/offs. Hope it keeps it up, if not I’ll ring Avtex support, they have a very good reputation.
TF our tv is several years old and until recently had very little use don’t worry I’m sure yours will be fine.
H

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.
Clap

(29-10-2019, 03:04 PM)HughR Wrote: Thank you fingers crossed I’ve sorted it. A factory reset has resulted in tv keeping its channels through a few on/offs. Hope it keeps it up, if not I’ll ring Avtex support, they have a very good reputation.
TF our tv is several years old and until recently had very little use don’t worry I’m sure yours will be fine.

We're having the same problem as you, Hugh. How did you do the reset?
Not all that wander are lost! They're just taking their dog for a walk!!

Friendly google helped, from memory with tv on digital tv press the source button and whilst the menu is on screen press 2 5 8 0 on handset ( think those are numbers it’s a straight line down keypad) this brings up a technicians menu that includes reset. Select reset screen goes blank and then returns to digital tv, you then do a channel reset. Fingers crossed it’s still working for us and will for you.
H
H

Clap

(30-10-2019, 02:30 PM)HughR Wrote: Friendly google helped, from memory with tv on digital tv press the source button and whilst the menu is on screen press 2 5 8 0 on handset ( think those are numbers it’s a straight line down keypad) this brings up a technicians menu that includes reset. Select reset screen goes blank and then returns to digital tv, you then do a channel reset. Fingers crossed it’s still working for us and will for you.
H

Thanks, Hugh. I will give it a try tomorrow. I tried to use the reset in the Functions listing but that didn't work.
Not all that wander are lost! They're just taking their dog for a walk!!