Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Email from C&MC
(20-03-2020, 09:21 PM)Riggers Wrote: NTH the message from Downing Street was all about Social Distancing don’t go into environments ie Pubs and Theatre's that put you in close proximity to others. I feel comfortable with the measures taken by CAMC to enable me to go to Hebden Bridge - enjoy some good walks - on a non facility site without braking the social distancing rules.

I appreciate some won’t agree but I don’t see that I’m putting myself or others at any greater risk then being based at home.

Government guidelines on essential travel as shown above refer to public transport not private cars. So again not looking to break rules on social distancing.

I accept things may change but can’t see at present that I’m breaking rules or putting myself at any greater risk then being at home.

Have thought long and hard about this - not an easy decision - but ultimately I feel comfortable for myself and others.

I think that you, and many others are reading what you want to read into the guidelines, but to me and many others going out in ones caravan is certainly not adhering to those guidelines (instructions).

It's not you that is necessarily being put at risk but you could well be a carrier, without knowing so, as you do have social contact with those come into contact with, and could well be putting others at risk by passing on the virus.
Not all that wander are lost! They're just taking their dog for a walk!!

Perhaps NTH but that is the risk we have at home in going out exercising, shopping etc. There are still many who are/have to work and are having more social contact then we will whilst on site on a fully serviced pitch avoiding the need to visit water points apart from CDP. It maybe that ultimately the decision is made for us over the next few days and even if not, if things change we will review the decision.
Riggers - 2020 Swift Celebrate Super QEB & 2019 Volvo S90.

"Some cause happiness wherever they go - others whenever they go!" - Oscar Wilde.

Almost everyone will contract this virus sooner or later, and many of us will be seriously ill, with probably around 1 in 8 actually dying. Of those, the "lucky" ones will be cremated or buried in a cemetery - others will end in a mass grave in a public park. I'm NOT going away to an isolated location with my caravan because I don't want to be any of those things in a strange place - not that there will be visitors allowed in the hospital or mourners at the burial anyway.

Please don't be alarmed, but I would like anyone who thinks I am exagerating to come back in two years' time (if they can) and read that again.
Navigator

Land Rover - making mechanics out of drivers since 1948.
I have been unofficially been told all CL's are to close as from Monday. At the same time I have had a booking for next week, the CL is empty , they are happy to visit one of my regulars and are aware of the risks , and feel they run the same ones at home as they will have alone on the CL. I will keep them at a wide distance .
Official announcement made by both clubs closing with immediate effect - the CAMC until 30 June.
Riggers - 2020 Swift Celebrate Super QEB & 2019 Volvo S90.

"Some cause happiness wherever they go - others whenever they go!" - Oscar Wilde.

Not at all surprised at the announcement but do wonder why it took both clubs so long to decide after all government requests to Stay at Home
Not all that wander are lost! They're just taking their dog for a walk!!