Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changes in Membership from end of 2020.
It is with regret I have to tell you I Received this statement from ADAC this morning,which I have translated below As you are an interested member of ADAC, the ADAC focuses its mobility services, in particular on its more than 21 million members based in Germany, in order to provide them with the best offers and services worldwide, against the background that the complexity of legal requirements is constantly increasing it has to be fulfilled in connection with residence abroad, we have decided to offer services in the rhythm of ADAC membership exclusively for members residing in Germany

Therefore we will change your ADAC plus membership (and possibly existing memberships of partners / children) from 01.02.21 to membership without plus benefits.

Nevertheless, you will continue to be protected under your classic ADAC membership, for which you will of course pay a correspondingly cheaper membership fee. The services associated with classic ADAC membership, such as breakdown assistance in Germany, legal advice, ADAC Tourset or the ADAC benefit program, remain the same for them

If your main residence is in Germany and does not correspond to the address given above, please let us know the address of your main residence in Germany,

Sincerely

This will be sad for a few Members on here who after January 2021 will have to find alternative cover.
I will miss it but decided some weeks back we would not be renewing ours next year as John has decided not to drive out of the UK in future.

Below is a photo of cover you get now and cover you will get after 2020which is basically just Germany.

[Image: AC5-FA058-BD42-4-E17-A860-7-DC1-E0934030.jpg]
Thanks Dianne for the information.
My Adac expired at the end of March, we had decided not to renew it anyway. I had asked under the current circumstances if it could be deferred but was told no. I paid for cover last year although i did not need it as i had cover with the new car. It is a pity because i always felt confident with ADAC being with them for 8 years., Cry Cry
Yes we always felt confident with them and the 3 times we used it once in Austria, once in Germany and once from home. The Cover was so good for around £100 a year. Which covered all the items we pay extra for here inc Home Start and many others.
don;t know what is happening with ADAC i keep getting renewal notices from 1st April 2020 to 31st March 2021. Yet the letter that Dianne translated said that it would only be for Germany. Confused
No Layton from 2020 to Renewel in 2021 ADAC Plus would be renewed . It would not from Renewel in 2021.
I'm not renewing this time, as we won't be leaving the country till next spring at the earliest.
It's a shame, as, like everyone else, I have found them to be the very best, bar none.
(11-05-2020, 09:16 PM)DianneT Wrote: No Layton from 2020 to Renewel in 2021 ADAC Plus would be renewed .  It would not from Renewel in 2021.

The current terms and conditions for ADAC membership are dated 01.04.2020 so presumably only those who renewed before the 1st April are entitled to continued Plus membership until the next renewal.
Car: 2016 BMW X4 30d
Caravan: 2008 Dethleffs Beduin 545V
Lots of Members who renewed after 1st April have been able to renew with Plus just the letter sent to them.
Sadly I guess my days of touring abroad are now only a fond memory so I won't be renewing anyway.

TF
(13-05-2020, 09:27 PM)Tigerfish Wrote: Sadly I guess my days of touring abroad are now only a fond memory so I won't be renewing anyway.

TF

The terms and conditions require one to give three months notice of termination of membership prior to the renewal date. Otherwise membership will continue and, if not paid following a reminder, the ADAC would be entitled to call upon the services of a debt collection agency. Maybe they apply a tacit waiver in the case of members located abroad as the cost of collecting the funds would probably be higher than what it's worth, but theoretically they would be entitled to do it.
It is usual practice in German contracts that they are automatically extended after the time period runs out unless written notice is given. It is not sufficient simply to cease paying contributions as a sign of termination of an agreement.
Car: 2016 BMW X4 30d
Caravan: 2008 Dethleffs Beduin 545V