Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is hitting the road in July?
Further to the birthday debate, we are going to look at a much larger, but still retro, motorhome!
(09-07-2020, 04:59 PM)emmerson Wrote: Further to the birthday debate, we are going to look at a much larger, but still retro, motorhome!

Good for you both thumbup
(09-07-2020, 04:59 PM)emmerson Wrote: Further to the birthday debate, we are going to look at a much larger, but still retro, motorhome!

Good for you. thumbup
(08-07-2020, 03:25 PM)Jay Wrote:
(07-07-2020, 05:08 PM)HughR Wrote:
(07-07-2020, 08:28 AM)Jay Wrote: We’ve decided to keep the booking we have and managed to get a pitch at Bolton Abbey covering the dates that would have been the rally. Until I looked at google maps last night. Bolton Abbey duly cancelled and the search continues.

Was it the narrow arch Jay? What are you looking for in an ideal site ?
I may be able to assist

The narrow arch was the final straw. It was just too ‘countryside’ for me.

We’ve decided to go for an area we’ve only travelled through so we’re going to try Wiswell Shay near Clitheroe

Jay, we've stopped there. Site is fine but, at least when we used it, the water tap was by the house, about 100 yds or so down hill from the pitches.
The earth has music for those who will listen,”

Thanks Nellie. When I spoke to the lady she said there was water and waste provision up at the toilet and shower hut. Either way we’ll manage.

How was the entrance? Lots of reviews talk about difficulties with the steep entrance but it looked ok to us on streetview.
Never grow a wishbone where your backbone ought to be  
(10-07-2020, 12:56 PM)Jay Wrote: Thanks Nellie. When I spoke to the lady she said there was water and waste provision up at the toilet and shower hut. Either way we’ll manage.

How was the entrance?  Lots of reviews talk about difficulties with the steep entrance but it looked ok to us on streetview.

From what I remember we had no problems getting up. The entrance is of a decent width, swinging in to the left then swings right back up the slope past the farmhouse, where the toilet are, on up to the top of the field and the pitches. I'm sure you'll have no problems, but it's always better to check these things out, isn't it. Enjoy your stay.
The earth has music for those who will listen,”

Thanks Nellie. It looks like quite a good access on satellite imagery and on streetview so I was quite surprised to read negative reviews.

It’s not an area we know at all so I’m looking forward to going. Lower Wensleydale too! I’ve booked time slots for Middleham and Barnard Castles. Middleham for the Ricardian historical connection of course.
Jay, Lower Wensleydale is a smashing Site. Easy walk into Leyburn, nice deli supermarket in Leyburn. Middleham Castle is superb. Another you might want not to miss, and easy drive from LW Site is Castle Bolton https://www.boltoncastle.co.uk/ There are wild boar at Castle Bolton, well worth a look?

See if you can spot the horse racing stables in Middleham. There are probably more horses than humans that live there.
Jervaulx Abbey is another lovely location, not far away. Has it’s own CL.
In our home, dog fur is a fashion accessory! It's also a condiment....... Yay!  Heart
All excellent suggestions TDA, our next MH trip is 2nd August to Hadrians wall. Before then we’ve a few day trips starting this Thursday with Wentworth Castle and Wentworth Woodhouse both first time visits I’m afraid to say. Weekly NT EH or similar planned and to be booked
H

Living with Parkinson’s and exercising the brain and body to hold it at bay. Static at Flambrough

Cheers for that TDA. Plenty of good suggestions there. We’ve booked our EH slots but may leave NT for future visits as we’re taking the dogs. ASBO dog is now stone deaf and diabetic. The yorkie is showing signs of dementia but at 17 we’ll let him off. It may be the last trip out with them Sad and they’ll probably stay at home if we go away in September