Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caravan Sales on the Up!
Latest statistics show a 20% increase in sales versus same time last year with 37% of these new to caravanning

http://leisurevehicleshub.co.uk/article/...ew-owners/
Riggers - 2022 Elddis Chatsworth 185 Motorhome

"Some cause happiness wherever they go - others whenever they go!" - Oscar Wilde.

I think a lot of those being sold are old vans, as many of the large sellers have plenty of stock of 2020 and 2019 ones still on their books.
The earth has music for those who will listen,”

I regularly pass a couple of Caravan Dealers and their stock of new caravans never move. The market for new caravans seems to have all but disappeared. The only vans which appear to be popular are small Campervan conversions using VW, Ford, Citroen and Peugeot panel vans. Even the big Coachbuilt Motorhomes are slow to sell even though some of them are cheaper than the some of van conversions. This appears to be the future for those of us who like to tour with our own accommodation..
A dog is for life . Not just for Christmas
(27-08-2020, 12:43 PM)bessacarr425 Wrote: I regularly pass a couple of Caravan Dealers and their stock of new caravans never move. The market for new caravans seems to have all but disappeared. The only vans which appear to be popular are small Campervan conversions using VW, Ford, Citroen and Peugeot panel vans.  Even the big Coachbuilt Motorhomes are slow to sell even though some of them are cheaper than the some of van conversions.  This appears to be the future for those of us who like to tour with our own accommodation..

I feel there is a new generation of holiday makers on the moove , in their Multi £K motorhomes. I have had some on my CL from time to time. lucky for me only a very few, of the new generation to date. The old ones are a delight to have visit. they know the limitations of their out fits. The new ones need a bus stop near the gate, must have hard standings for a pitch, and its their right to drop in to CL's,use their water to fill tanks, bins for waste and septic tank to empty toilets. then drive away to park up in a gateway free. I find it very sad really, but it is the other visitors who I would admit are of an older generation that make it all worthwhile having a CL .
I would predict that there will a lot of campers and caravans for sale over the winter, as newbies find that it's not really for them, and that there are few storage places left, and those that are empty are very expensive.
An extra £300 - £500 storage fees over the winter will almost certainly not have been budgeted for, as they discover that neighbours will not tolerate motorhomes parked in the street.
Perhaps there should be training courses for new caravanners, to point out the pitfalls, and to teach caravan site ethics.
I could set that up, at £200 per session. Any takers? Wink