Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gov.uk Scam
This is a Phishing email I received to day looks very convincing. But we pay by DD not by Debit Card and is not due at the moment.

The web address given is wrong. The right one has a hyphen in it.

Re: Reminder: Vehicle Tax DD Payment Schedule - GOV.UK 2020 | Electronic Vehicle Licensing | GOV.co.uk order of 2 x "GOVCOUNCIL20 OCTOBER 2020UK..." and 2 more item(s)034406

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED EMAIL - Please do not reply as emails received at this address cannot be responded to.

Your vehicle is no longer taxed.

Invoice ID is WC980483308384

DVLA have been notified electronically about your latest payment for your vehicle tax failed because there is not enough money on your debit card.

We have generated a new invoice, and we suggest you to use a credit card instead of a debit, to avoid any other consequences that might appear in case again won't be enough funds inside.

Tax your vehicle - START NOW >

the vehicles registration number
have your credit/debit card ready
follow the instructions on your screen
You must tax this vehicle before it is driven on the road , tax now at http://www.gov.uk/vehicletax.

Acknowledge that it's illegal to drive your vehicle until you've taxed it.
If the information is wrong DVLA will not be able to tax your vehicle and you risk to be fined £480.

You'll also have to pay for the time it was not taxed.

If you do not pay your fine on time your vehicle could be clamped or crushed , that will result enforcement action taken against you.

You may wish to save or print this email confirmation for your records.

Yours sincerely
Rohan Gye
Vehicles Service Manager

This as the details when going onto the senders address. I have now blocked it.

[Image: 063402-D5-4-EED-46-AD-8-B2-E-0335-DD057-A02.jpg]
For info on Touring in Europe go to http://www.joysofeuropeancaravanning.co.uk
Lots of things wrong in the text. I guess if the scammers had paid attention at school they would not need to be scammers.
Navigator

Land Rover - making mechanics out of drivers since 1948.
We seem to get attempted scams nearly every day. They are so common that my greatest fear is that one day I will dump a genuine one!
But so will continue to challenge and report every one!

TF
I got a text supposedly from PayPal with an account number, and requesting me to sign in. As we do not have a PP account and can't ever remember using them I've ignored the message. Who do I report this text to?
Not all that wander are lost! They're just taking their dog for a walk!!

(30-10-2020, 10:26 PM)nelliethehooker Wrote: I got a text supposedly from PayPal with an account number, and requesting me to sign in. As we do not have a PP account and can't ever remember using them I've ignored the message. Who do I report this text to?

Hope this helps

Suspicious emails
“Phishing” is an illegal attempt to "fish" for your private, sensitive data. One of the most common phishing scams involves sending an email that fraudulently claims to be from a well-known company (like PayPal). If you believe you've received a phishing email, follow these steps right away:
Forward the entire email to spoof@paypal.com.
Do not alter the subject line or forward the message as an attachment.
Delete the suspicious email from your email account.
We'll look into it and email you a response to let you know if it is indeed fraudulent. In the meantime, don't click any links or download any attachments within the suspicious email.
For info on Touring in Europe go to http://www.joysofeuropeancaravanning.co.uk
Or report@phishing.gov.uk which is the one that I use !

Tf
When I had a problem I found Action Fraud a waste of time, I was given a "crime number" and that was it, never heard from them again despite getting in touch on more than three occasions
(30-10-2020, 10:26 PM)nelliethehooker Wrote: Who do I report this text to?

Paypal has its own phishing site. http://www.spoof@paypal.com I sent them one a couple of nights ago. I was billed for a meal I was supposed to have had a couple of nights earlier in Newcastle - more than 300 miles away.

[Image: Paypal-scam.jpg]
Obviously the scammers want you to use their button the "cancel" the meal payment - but they cannot spell "account" correctly!
Navigator

Land Rover - making mechanics out of drivers since 1948.
Thanks all, I'll follow up on your directions.
Not all that wander are lost! They're just taking their dog for a walk!!