Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highland Air(es)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-h...s-54887204

Perhaps something is going to be done about the "dirty camping" in the Highlands.  Seems the plans don't quite align with user needs though, as they are consulting with a organisation of site owners rather than The Caravan Club and/or the Camping and Caravan Club!
Navigator

Land Rover - making mechanics out of drivers since 1948.
That looks like an untidy mess to me.
At least it's a step in the right direction.......but I won't hold my breath Huh
A dog is for life..... Not just for Lockdown
It's about time that a stop is put to those Dirty Campers fouling beauty spots in Scotland. For a number of years Motorhomers and to a lesser extent Caravanners have been dumping their foul waste wherever they stop for the night, being too mean to use recognised camping sites . It is a health hazard and a public nuisance. Having authorised Aires with grey and black waste disposal and a water tap will go a long way to stop Dirty Camping. The photograph in the OP just shows how much of a blight those people create.
A dog is for life . Not just for Christmas
I agree that an Aire system might be very helpful. They work well in Europe so why not here?

TF
It might be a way to keep M/Hs from blocking pitches on CLs for those who want to spend a few days in an area and not just use them for an overnighstop. However it may also encourage even more to tour up there and add to the already congested roads in the Spring and Summer.
The earth has music for those who will listen,”

I can't see it happening due to the investment needed by local councils for waste, water, hook-up etc. allso there is a law of six metres apart I understand
It will cost less than what the councils are having to pay workers to scrape up excrement from the countryside.

As I understand, the six meter (twenty foot) seperation applies to formal touring campsites. By observation, static caravans are often placed far closer, and there seems no restriction is placed on sites operating under an exemption certificate. Hence my always parking the tow vehicle along the off-side of the caravan, and the picnic bench in front of the awning on the near side in those places.
Navigator

Land Rover - making mechanics out of drivers since 1948.
I don't think that is actually a law, the 6 m gap, but a strong recommendation from the fire service.
The earth has music for those who will listen,”

(12-11-2020, 10:59 AM)Navigator Wrote: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-h...s-54887204

Perhaps something is going to be done about the "dirty camping" in the Highlands.  Seems the plans don't quite align with user needs though, as they are consulting with a organisation of site owners rather than The Caravan Club and/or the Camping and Caravan Club!

That is such a sad story, particularly regarding the Durness site.  It is a place close to my heart, and one I have visited several times over the last 60+ years, and to see it spoilt and so busy, and that the locals are in despair of the situation is upsetting.  I had hoped to visit again this year, but perhaps I am better of not, and just remembering it with fondness.