Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petrol & Diesel Car Phase-Out Accelerated
(22-11-2020, 05:04 PM)Tigerfish Wrote: I am seriously thinking of abandoning this trend towards modernity and looking for a mid 90’s Jaguar  XJ6 or similar and going for a bit of decadent luxury!

TF

Go for it relive your misspent youth. Smile I find it hard to think of an electric car being a Bird puller Yes
(22-11-2020, 05:25 PM)David from Suffolk Wrote:
(22-11-2020, 05:04 PM)Tigerfish Wrote: I am seriously thinking of abandoning this trend towards modernity and looking for a mid 90’s Jaguar  XJ6 or similar and going for a bit of decadent luxury!

TF

Go for it relive your misspent youth. Smile  I find it hard to think of an electric car being a Bird puller Yes

Yay! Well said David thumbup
I gave my dog love..... And he became my friend for life   Cool
Good point David , but I guess that “Pulling Birds” is not top of my agenda these days ! But the sheer love of motoring and outstanding mechanical engineering still is.
I am forced to accept that electronic’s may be the future, but to me they have no soul, no character and personality. In short I have Zero interest!
So for as long as I am able I will seek out the Sound, the smell and the excitement of a well tuned internal combustion engine.

TF
I would love to know if anyone has given thought to the life of these batteries as they are not going to last forever, and what about the cost of a replacement as they will not be cheap.

Her Ladyship has always had Vauxhall, she mentioned the other day that she may change her Limmo (an Astra) for an Electric Corsa until I told her the price £30 K, absolutely ridiculous for a Corsa, I think she will stick with her Astra it's six years old in fab condition and has only done 24,000 miles, just had it serviced and on recommendation had the Cam Belt changed, so an annual service , MOT and Cam Belt came to £573, so really it is not worth the outlay to replace it. If she does I want her to change it for a Land Rover Defender, as I have always wanted one as a toddler
(24-11-2020, 12:20 PM)Admiral Wrote: I want her to change it for a Land Rover Defender, as I have always wanted one as a toddler

I'm sure Land Rover were not making Defenders when you were a toddler! Perhaps the Series I though . . . ?
Navigator

Land Rover - making mechanics out of drivers since 1948.
(24-11-2020, 07:28 PM)Navigator Wrote:
(24-11-2020, 12:20 PM)Admiral Wrote: I want her to change it for a Land Rover Defender, as I have always wanted one as a toddler

I'm sure Land Rover were not making Defenders when you were a toddler!   Perhaps the Series I though . . . ?

Correct Nav,non LR people would not know a Series One from their ankle, I have even drawn an outline of one in the sand at Red Wharf Bay, only LR enthusiasts would know what I mean