Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish Aires
Just read this, looks promising Yep

https://www.practicalmotorhome.com/news/...mqz2EKxWTQ
A dog is for life..... Not just for Lockdown
The problem as I see it , is M/home are so poor they want to stay with no fee involved, To set up an Air will require a minimum of water and hard standings plus waste disposal, and this will need to be serviced by the owner. I will watch with interest how this develops.
It would be up to land owners to invest in and provide the Aires. This would create an income and would provide overnight stops for those touring with their campervan/Motorhome.
My concern is there are many miserable Motorhomers with short arms and long pockets, who don't like spending money and will still park up overnight in the wrong places spreading their filthy waste around where they stop.  So councils will have to put a stop to people parking overnight in inappropriate places, by issuing fines.
A dog is for life . Not just for Christmas
Cor blimey, I though that I was on the wrong forum for a minute. Shades of CT I fear.
As long as the land owners don't get too greedy then this has a great chance of working. There aren't any pockets in a shroud.
True Motorhome respect their surroundings and act accordingly, regardless of the depth of their pockets mudsling
I have to say that when we bought our Motorhome last year after 40 years of towing, the concept. Of wild camping never crossed our minds. And just as we would never have dreamed of emptying our caravan cassette anywhere other than in a proper point the same applies now.
These morons need dealing with very seriously indeed to make them an example!

TF
(20-11-2020, 07:09 PM)AlfiesDad Wrote: Cor blimey, I though that I was on the wrong forum for a minute. Shades of CT I fear.
As long as the land owners don't get too greedy then this has a great chance of working. There aren't any pockets in a shroud.
True Motorhome respect their surroundings and act accordingly, regardless of the depth of their pockets  mudsling

The problem is, AD, that there are a lot new to the scene who do not know the "rules", especially those that just hire a M/H for the first time, and think that they can just stop anywhere and do whatever they want with their waste. They are now known as Dirty Campers for the obvious reason.

There's a long discussion on CT about the matter :-
https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-toget...-highlands
The earth has music for those who will listen,”

(20-11-2020, 09:09 PM)nelliethehooker Wrote:
(20-11-2020, 07:09 PM)AlfiesDad Wrote: Cor blimey, I though that I was on the wrong forum for a minute. Shades of CT I fear.
True Motorhome respect their surroundings and act accordingly, regardless of the depth of their pockets  mudsling

The problem is, AD, that there are a lot new to the scene who do not know the "rules", especially those that just hire a M/H for the first time, and think that they can just stop anywhere and do whatever they want with their waste. They are now known as Dirty Campers for the obvious reason.

There's a long discussion on CT about the matter :-
https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-toget...-highlands

Just had a look at that discussion nellie and true to form, guess what, the discussion has been locked, with the last few pages full of "CONTENT HAS BEEN REMOVED" arghh Will the posters there EVER learn.
Sorry, I digressed Tut Surely the powers that be could come up with a solution to this disgraceful behaviour, maybe a cctv system that bounces off satellites to a main control room using anpr to track Motorhome might be possible, or something similar, enabling the authorities to apprehend and punish said offenders. Huh