Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Members Wine Recommendations
(21-11-2021, 05:53 PM)David from Suffolk Wrote:
(21-11-2021, 04:45 PM)David from Suffolk Wrote:
(21-11-2021, 11:25 AM)AlfiesDad Wrote: I've just ordered a three litre box of Cabalie from laithwaits. How long it'll last I don't know LoL

I hope there is some left for me whistle

You are a very bad influence on me, it must stop. I have now got a box on order. Tut

Yay! please Yay! LoL
A dog is for life..... Not just for Lockdown
(21-11-2021, 11:17 AM)AlfiesDad Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 08:52 PM)nelliethehooker Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 04:57 PM)AlfiesDad Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 04:23 PM)nelliethehooker Wrote: Glad that I hadn't sold you a dummy, and that you enjoyed the Shiraz. That was a good price too. Can't say what the Malbec is like but should be fine.

I'll let you know next week nellie thumbup

Will look out for it. I must get into Asda for a bottle of two.

The Malbec was very drinkable as well nellie wine

thumbup Glad you enjoyed it, AD
The earth has music for those who will listen,”

(05-11-2021, 02:14 PM)AlfiesDad Wrote:
(04-11-2021, 08:18 PM)nelliethehooker Wrote: Don't know if this Shiraz has been mentioned before but a friend and I thoroughly enjoyed a bottle of Jam Shed Shiraz, a S E Australian wine. Very suppable. They also supply an Argentinian Malbec which could well be investigating. Both Tesco and Asda appear to stock it at about £7 a bottle.

You're right nellie, just got a bottle of each, Shiraz and Malbec, had a glass of Shiraz with lunch and thought it a very drinkable red. I did get an after taste of port, which was very nice. Got both in Asda the Shiraz was£5.50 and Malbec was £6, will try the Malbec with Bil &SIL when away. thumbup

Update for you AD. There is a 25% discount at Asda on 6 or more bottles of wine, and the Jam Shed is still the same price as you paid for it. So today I purchased 3 , a Malbec and a couple of the Shiraz, plus a NZ Chaddonay, and a couple of others and saved over £8, which equates to just over £4 per bottle!! Well pleased. thumbup
The earth has music for those who will listen,”

(25-11-2021, 08:58 PM)nelliethehooker Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 02:14 PM)AlfiesDad Wrote:
(04-11-2021, 08:18 PM)nelliethehooker Wrote: Don't know if this Shiraz has been mentioned before but a friend and I thoroughly enjoyed a bottle of Jam Shed Shiraz, a S E Australian wine. Very suppable. They also supply an Argentinian Malbec which could well be investigating. Both Tesco and Asda appear to stock it at about £7 a bottle.

You're right nellie, just got a bottle of each, Shiraz and Malbec, had a glass of Shiraz with lunch and thought it a very drinkable red. I did get an after taste of port, which was very nice. Got both in Asda the Shiraz was£5.50 and Malbec was £6, will try the Malbec with Bil &SIL when away. thumbup

Update for you AD. There is a 25% discount at Asda on 6 or more bottles of wine, and the Jam Shed is still the same price as you paid for it. So today I purchased 3 , a Malbec and a couple of the Shiraz, plus a NZ Chaddonay, and a couple of others and saved over £8, which equates to just over £4 per bottle!! Well pleased. thumbup

Wow nellie, that's a bargain Gasp thumbup
A dog is for life..... Not just for Lockdown