Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overturned Caravan On M25
All lanes on M25 re-opened after overturned caravan caused delays

http://www.kentnews.co.uk/news/update_al...1_4246513?

[Image: 4264402.jpg?display=1&htype=60&type=mc3]
bunny  We Live In A Rainbow Of Chaos, I'm Chasing The Carrot At The End Of The Tunnel bunny
Gosh however did that happen?
(24-09-2015, 07:53 PM)DianneT Wrote: Gosh however did that happen?

That's the problem Dianne - they print these stories but never tell us how it happened - so the implication is that in a "caravan accident" it's the caravan driver at fault

But was it?

Huh
bunny  We Live In A Rainbow Of Chaos, I'm Chasing The Carrot At The End Of The Tunnel bunny
I always thought twin axles were more stable than single. As you say Mick was it the Caravanner at fault.
This is one of my greatest fears in towing and why I always ensure we are properly set up to minimise the risk. You can't control everything though! When the power steering failed it was frightening enough and I was relieved to have been in the inside lane making it easy to pull onto the hard shoulder. Even that was an effort and seemed to take an age.
Riggers - 2022 Elddis Chatsworth 185 Motorhome

"Some cause happiness wherever they go - others whenever they go!" - Oscar Wilde.

Hi all,
Looking at the caravan I don't think it's " one of ours ". As Bugs states the headline always reads caravan overturned but the guy who caused it is probably down the road. There are oblivious caravan owners out there ( and we generally see them July fortnight ) green caravan roof, half flat tyres, bombing down the M5 for the caravans annual outing. Thankfully most of us are keen, dedicated and safe in the mind that when out towing our prized possession we are happy with the roadworthiness of our rig and drive within our means.
Happy caravanning, Frenchconnection.
" Roughin' it, Smoothly "
Agree 100% French connection
Riggers - 2022 Elddis Chatsworth 185 Motorhome

"Some cause happiness wherever they go - others whenever they go!" - Oscar Wilde.