Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Formula 1 News
Just read that Louis Hamilton may demand that George Russell is his Number 2 with Mercedes before he signs a new contract with them.
A dog is for life..... Not just for Lockdown
IMHO That is quite a wise move if it comes off. Hamilton is clearly looking to retire from F1 either next year or the year after. Bottas is past his best and I don’t think he could step into Hamilton’s shoes, but Russel probably could.
It would keep a Brit up there!

TF
Hamilton thinks he is far too important. It should be the Mercedes management who decide who drives their cars.... Hamilton wants £46 MILLION a year to drive a Mercedes car. IMHO this is obscene. There are many drivers who are capable of winning by driving the superior Mercedes prepared cars, why doesn't Mercedes give a few of the aspiring drivers the opportunity to shine and tell Hamilton to sling his hook and find another manufacturer to give him a drive. He won't win of course, but it should give him a bit of a challenge. His net worth is around 285 million dollars. Does he really need the money?.
A dog is for life . Not just for Christmas
Time will tell.

TF
(15-01-2021, 01:59 PM)bessacarr425 Wrote: Hamilton thinks he is far too important. It should be the Mercedes management who decide who drives their cars.... Hamilton wants £46 MILLION a year to drive a Mercedes car. IMHO this is obscene. There are many drivers who are capable of winning by driving the superior Mercedes prepared cars, why doesn't Mercedes give a few of the aspiring drivers the opportunity to shine and tell Hamilton to sling his hook and find another manufacturer to give him a drive. He won't win of course, but it should give him a bit of a challenge. His net worth is around 285 million dollars. Does he really need the money?.
bessie, although, like you, I share your dislike of L H, in this instance if proved correct, I applaud his foresight in recognising the talent that George Russell has and maybe taking him under his wing to pass on his undoubted talent and experience.
A dog is for life..... Not just for Lockdown
Not only more money but 4 other demands if the news is to be believed. The bosses at Daimler Benz are apparently ready to let Hamilton go as they believe with Russel and Botas in the seats they will have exactly the same success but at a more reasonable cost. I don’t think Hamilton is as secure as he may think. A conspiracy theorist may believe that a German company doesn’t want a non German to win more F1 titles than Michael Schumacher. Just a thought
A bird doesn't sing because it has the answer, it sings because it has a song