Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Riggers!
The trouble is at present most of the managers you would like aren’t available. Eddie Howe made Bournemouth a good side to watch with little money and kept them for a few years.

With the right signings he could be the man - he likes attacking football and is rated by Pep
Riggers - 2020 Swift Celebrate Super QEB & 2013 Kia Sorento KX2 Auto

"Some cause happiness wherever they go - others whenever they go!" - Oscar Wilde.

To be fair to the consortium, they told the fans when they first arrived that "patience" would be needed as they built up the club over a number of years - ie similar to the Man City model of progress after the arrival of the sheik.

I think it has to be remembered that we are starting from a very low point after 14 years of Mike Ashley. We are in a serious relegation battle with deficiencies in our squad- not a scenario any top manager would be attracted by.

Also, as Riggers said, most of the top managers are already in top jobs and it would be time consuming to extract them - whereas we need to act quickly in an attempt to improve our situation.

We need to walk before we can run, and steady Eddie will do just fine if we can get him!
bunny  We Live In A Rainbow Of Chaos, I'm Chasing The Carrot At The End Of The Tunnel bunny
Newcastle United have now confirmed the appointment of Eddie Howe as the club's new head coach until 2024.

The 43-year-old arrives on Tyneside having left AFC Bournemouth last summer, ending a long affiliation with the Cherries as a successful player and manager.

The Magpies confirmed that a first official press conference and first team coaching appointments will follow in due course.

Eddie Howe: 
"This is a wonderful opportunity, but there's a lot of work ahead of us. I'm eager to get onto the training ground to start.

"I'd like to thank the owners for this opportunity & fans for the incredible welcome. I'm excited to begin our journey together."

United Director Amanda Staveley: 
"We have been incredibly impressed by Eddie through what has been a rigorous recruitment process.

"He's a passionate & dynamic coach who has clear ideas about taking this club forward.

"He is a great fit for what we are trying to build here."
bunny  We Live In A Rainbow Of Chaos, I'm Chasing The Carrot At The End Of The Tunnel bunny
(08-11-2021, 04:30 PM)Bugs Wrote: Newcastle United have now confirmed the appointment of Eddie Howe as the club's new head coach until 2024.

The 43-year-old arrives on Tyneside having left AFC Bournemouth last summer, ending a long affiliation with the Cherries as a successful player and manager.

The Magpies confirmed that a first official press conference and first team coaching appointments will follow in due course.

Eddie Howe: 
"This is a wonderful opportunity, but there's a lot of work ahead of us. I'm eager to get onto the training ground to start.

"I'd like to thank the owners for this opportunity & fans for the incredible welcome. I'm excited to begin our journey together."

United Director Amanda Staveley: 
"We have been incredibly impressed by Eddie through what has been a rigorous recruitment process.

"He's a passionate & dynamic coach who has clear ideas about taking this club forward.

"He is a great fit for what we are trying to build here."

Fingers crossed for you and your team that he is able to at least keep them up this year. I do wonder what will happen if he isn't able to, and if he does just now long they will hold onto him, especially if a "famous name" comes available.
Not all that wander are lost! They're just taking their dog for a walk!!

I think he could help stabilise the club for the first stage of the project. Will he be around in 5 years ? - no but this is going to be a journey that will hopefully excite the fans. Have fun Bugs!
Riggers - 2020 Swift Celebrate Super QEB & 2013 Kia Sorento KX2 Auto

"Some cause happiness wherever they go - others whenever they go!" - Oscar Wilde.