Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second year of pandemic touring
Have just been totting up the details of our touring last year, 2021.

We travel a total of 5000 mls over the year of which 2479 was with the van on the back. We stopped on 36 sites, all but 3 of which were CLs, during 177 nights away at an average cost of £14:77 per night. This compares with 137 nights in 2020 on 32 sites, of which 29 were CLs, at £14:17 pn.
Not all that wander are lost! They're just taking their dog for a walk!!

Wow Nell. We don’t keep the level of detail you have but keep a daily diary of where we are and what we got up to during the day.
A bird doesn't sing because it has the answer, it sings because it has a song
(08-01-2022, 10:02 PM)oneputt Wrote: Wow Nell.  We don’t keep the level of detail you have but keep a daily diary of where we are and what we got up to during the day.

OH keeps a daily diary, I record all our mileage between sites, when out off site in total, sites, costs and length of stay.
Not all that wander are lost! They're just taking their dog for a walk!!

In 2021 we managed 59 nights away in van starting from April after the end of the second lockdown. For 2022 we have 56 nights booked so far our next trip being to Meathorp Hall in February. Can’t see us doing many more nights than those booked as we have the trip to Venice for our Ruby Wedding in July and a cruise to the Canaries in November for my wife’s and my belated 60th birthdays.
Riggers - 2020 Swift Celebrate Super QEB & 2013 Kia Sorento KX2 Auto

"Some cause happiness wherever they go - others whenever they go!" - Oscar Wilde.

Managed 94 nights away last year. Hope to improve on that this year.
A dog is for life..... Not just for Lockdown
We managed7 nights thanks to our kind member David.

We hope to get another week on Wildmere Farm this year and we are booked on a river cruise in June from Cologne to Switzerland and back to Cologne on the Rhine.
For info on Touring in Europe go to http://www.joysofeuropeancaravanning.co.uk