Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carefree Nursery, Titchfield
Before I start the review just a couple travel items. There are road works on the M27 which entailed some junctions periodically being closed. My car satnav took me through the middle of Titchfield whilst towing, not an easy thing to do. It also took us up a single track road behind the CL so if possible use the directions the CL posts.

Carefree Nurseries CL is well situated for Fareham and the towns along that part of the coast. There is a bus stop about quarter of a mile from site, so travel to Southampton, Portsmouth etc shouldn’t be a problem.

The CL is non facilities but has 5 hard standings, water, recycling and grey and black waste. The CL is very peace being down a private road. There is a great walk of about 1.2 miles straight out of the CL to the beach, wellies advised if it’s been raining.

There is also a dog walking area on the CL, caution is advised as not all owners pick up after their animals

We enjoyed our time here immensely
A bird doesn't sing because it has the answer, it sings because it has a song
Thanks, OP. It looks a grand site. Are they still charging £18 pn or have they increased their price for 2022?
The earth has music for those who will listen,”

Still £18/night Nell
(16-01-2022, 08:52 PM)oneputt Wrote: Still £18/night Nell

Thanks again. Our friends stopped there a couple of years ago and recommended it too.

Wherenext stayed there and wrote a lengthy review on the club site
(16-01-2022, 08:56 PM)oneputt Wrote: Wherenext stayed there and wrote a lengthy review on the club site

Yep That's the one.

Thanks for the review ONE
A dog is for life..... Not just for Lockdown
(16-01-2022, 06:58 PM)oneputt Wrote:  There are road works on the M27 which entailed some junctions periodically being closed.

I think the M27 road works have become a permanent feature. I ran foul of them in April of last year when I stayed at the Club site at Winchester. The road works stretch for miles and the stop/start traffic caused me to miss my day trip ferry to the IOW.
On another day I went cross-country to Tichfield to visit the Abbey. It was built in the 13th Century by monks who travelled there from France. After the dissolution, the buildings and much of the lands were given to one of Henry VIII advisors who pulled down most of the monastic buildings but converted some of them into a fine country house.

[Image: burst.jpg]