Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Motorway Services In England?
Top 5* star ratings have been awarded to seven Motorway Service Stations from across England as part of VisitEngland’s Motorway Service Area Quality Scheme.

Whether travelling for business or leisure, Service Stations provide important stopping points for people visiting an area and this experience can add to the overall enjoyment of the trip. As National Tourist Board for England, VisitEngland assesses the quality of service and customer experience at service stations across the country to help encourage a high quality experience for all travellers.

Read the full article on the Caravanchat News Website

Cheers
Bugs
bunny  We Live In A Rainbow Of Chaos, I'm Chasing The Carrot At The End Of The Tunnel bunny
We have not visited any of the Services mentioned so sorry cannot comment. We tend not to use Motorway Services in the UK when we have the caravan with us due to the records of Theft if left unattended. If we stop we like to use the Restaurants and other services provided on site. In Europe it is very rare for Theft of Caravans/Motor Homes so use them all the time.
DianneT
Of the "top" services mentioned in the article, I used to stop at Tebay North quite often whilst I was working (before I took early retirement).

Have to say it was always very good - and if you could get a seat beside the window, you could watch the ducks whilst you had your break!
bunny  We Live In A Rainbow Of Chaos, I'm Chasing The Carrot At The End Of The Tunnel bunny
Just falling about on the floor laughing at the fact that Blackburn with Darwen is on the list.  We only paid a brief visit for an emergency loo visit once but, if you've never been to the area, it could be that this is the best visitor attraction then. Big Grin

We've used Tebay and, as already mentioned, it's lovely to watch the ducks.

Charnock Richard used to be the place to go for a quick evening drive and a coffee but not stopped there for a while.