The Caravan & Motorhome Chat Forum
Footy Chat - Printable Version

+- The Caravan & Motorhome Chat Forum (https://www.caravanchat.org.uk/community)
+-- Forum: (https://www.caravanchat.org.uk/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: The Sports Lounge, Travellers Rest (https://www.caravanchat.org.uk/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+---- Forum: Football (https://www.caravanchat.org.uk/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+---- Thread: Footy Chat (/showthread.php?tid=2761)

RE: Footy Chat - nelliethehooker - 25-11-2023

Not quite the result you wanted today, Riggers, and by the sounds of it not the most inspiring of games, and The Gunners victory not what you wanted either. However it was a great win for The Toon, so Bugs will be very pleased.

RE: Footy Chat - Riggers - 26-11-2023

(25-11-2023, 10:18 PM)nelliethehooker Wrote: Not quite the result you wanted today, Riggers, and by the sounds of it not the most inspiring of games, and The Gunners victory not what you wanted either. However it was a great win for The Toon, so Bugs will be very pleased.

Yes we missed some good chances and a draw was probably a fair result in the end. Excellent win for the magpies. Couldn’t believe Arsenal scoring in the last minutes!!

RE: Footy Chat - nelliethehooker - 26-11-2023

Bit of a mixed bag today, too, as I guess you would have been better pleased with a draw in the Spurs/Villa game and a win for the Toffees. It is certainly getting tight at the top now!!

RE: Footy Chat - Riggers - 27-11-2023

(26-11-2023, 08:20 PM)nelliethehooker Wrote: Bit of a mixed bag today, too, as I guess you would have been better pleased with a draw in the Spurs/Villa game and a win for the Toffees. It is certainly getting tight at the top now!!

I know Nellie not a great weekend as a City fan only exciting for the neutrals. Champions League tomorrow night so lets hope things improve!

RE: Footy Chat - nelliethehooker - 27-11-2023

(27-11-2023, 06:26 PM)Riggers Wrote:
(26-11-2023, 08:20 PM)nelliethehooker Wrote: Bit of a mixed bag today, too, as I guess you would have been better pleased with a draw in the Spurs/Villa game and a win for the Toffees. It is certainly getting tight at the top now!!

I know Nellie not a great weekend as a City fan only exciting for the neutrals. Champions League tomorrow night so lets hope things improve!

It could have been a lot worse had City lost and Spurs had won. Fingers crossed for a victory tomorrow.

RE: Footy Chat - Riggers - 29-11-2023

Well that was a very nervy game not going as planned until the last few minutes. We got the result unfortunately Newcastle couldn’t hold onto the lead with a questionable penalty going against them. Cant imagine Bugs was too happy!!

RE: Footy Chat - nelliethehooker - 29-11-2023

(29-11-2023, 03:21 PM)Riggers Wrote: Well that was a very nervy game not going as planned until the last few minutes. We got the result unfortunately Newcastle couldn’t hold onto the lead with a questionable penalty going against them. Cant imagine Bugs was too happy!!

I thought that you were in trouble when i saw you were 2 behind, great comeback to win. Shame about Newcastle, so near to a great win, Bugs will be devastated.

RE: Footy Chat - Bugs - 29-11-2023

Have to admit I’m proud of what NUFC have achieved in the “group of death” - some excellent performances and results against top, top teams

But I still take the view that this Champions League malarkey has come too soon for us as we are strengthening slowly (FFP) but don’t yet have the quality in depth a squad needs in order to compete at this level

Well done Eddie and the boys

RE: Footy Chat - Riggers - 02-12-2023

Hope Newcastle can win against Man Utd tonight. Come on the Magpies. We have to wait to take on Tottenham art home tomorrow. Will be a tricky match. Tottenham have a good record against us!

RE: Footy Chat - nelliethehooker - 03-12-2023

(02-12-2023, 10:57 AM)Riggers Wrote: Hope Newcastle can win against Man Utd tonight. Come on the Magpies. We have to wait to take on Tottenham art home tomorrow. Will be a tricky match. Tottenham have a good record against us!

Well The Magpies came up trumps, which will have greatly pleased both yourself and Bugs. Just a pity that City couldn't take full advantage of it, especially with Liverpool winning. It is really tight up there at the top now!!